PUBLIC SKATING RULES
*Participation is at your own risk. The Yellowhead Community Rec Centre encourages all participants to wear appropriate safety equipment, follow the rules, and maintain a safe environment for themselves as well as others.*
1. Anyone entering the ice without skates must have clean footwear and must only be on the ice for the purpose of providing aid to an inexperienced skater.
2. HELMETS recommended for skaters of all ages, especially for tots, children and beginners of all ages.
3. NO FOOD OR DRINKS ON ICE AT ANY TIME.
4. CIRCULAR SKATING ONLY.
5. RECKLESS OR AGGRESSIVE SKATING IS NOT PERMITTED. Skating speed must be controlled. Zero tolerance for reckless or aggressive skating.
6. NO TEXTING OR OTHER DISTRACTING USAGE OF CELL PHONES/ELECTRONIC DEVICES ON ICE
7. NO GAMES ON ICE. Absolutely no hockey sticks or hockey pucks allowed on ice during Public Skating.
8. NO LOITERING ON ICE or hindering of skate traffic flow.
9. NO SITTING ON BOARDS OR IN PENALTY BOXES ANYTIME.
10. NO SITTING IN PLAYERS BENCHES DURING ICE CLEAN.
11. NO CARRYING OF INFANTS OR SMALL CHILDREN ON ICE.
12. EZ BARS/SKATING AIDS ARE PERMITTED ON ICE PROVIDED THE PATRON IS WEARINK SKATES
13. WHEELCHAIRS ARE PERMITTED ON ICE but must be accompanied by attendant. Attendant must be wearing skates. Helmet is mandatory for wheelchair patron. Wheels must be cleaned before entering ice. Wheelchair must follow direction of skaters. Sleds and Sledges are NOT permitted.
14. NO HEADPHONES ALLOWED ON ICE.
Skate Monitors or Arena Staff have the authority to refuse admittance to, or remove anyone who violates these rules or who interfere with the safety or enjoyment of other skaters.